Adoptable Designs TOS
“Adoptable designs” as discussed below pertains to any existing character design created by me and labeled as such.
- The client agrees to interact in a polite and reasonable manner. This interaction must take place on the platform the design was posted for sale, such as within a private message on Instagram or Twitter. Any rude behavior or failure to comply with my TOS may result in a transaction cancellation.
- I reserve the right to refuse a customer at any time for any reason before payment is accepted. I also reserve the right to cancel a transaction and return payment at any time for any reason.
- Purchase of an adoptable design requires payment in full. Only USD payments are accepted, and only through PayPal. Only upon my receiving of the payment will the rights to the design be transferred to the customer.
II. Customer Satisfaction
- The purchase of an existing design includes the acknowledgment that the design or character is available as-is. I won’t alter existing designs, but if a different design is really desired, the customer may request a commission, which will open a dialogue for a separate contract.
- As the artist, I reserve the rights to the artwork, but in this case, not the design. This is to say that the customer may use the character sheet as a primary reference for all other artworks of the character, but may not trace the drawing to use as a base for creating their own characters on top of. My character base outlines are not for sale.
- The client retains the right to the artwork for personal use. This includes printing the art for personal use, or using the art to promote themselves as long as proper credit is given to me as the creator.
- By owning the character design, the client reserves all rights to the physical characteristics of the character as well as personality or any story given to the character. This character is not for trade or resale.
- The following is considered infringement of these terms:
- - Reproduction of artwork for commercial use or profit.
- - Claiming credit for creating the work.
- - Removing watermarks/signatures, or altering the art in any way without my consent.
- - Tracing the character sheet in any way.
IV. Final Agreement
- If the client improperly or wrongly files a charge-back against me, (a refund after the transaction has been completed), or otherwise violates any of these terms, the contract is cancelled and I reclaim every right to the artwork. I reserve the right to decline any and every future commission request or design purchase from said client. I also reserve the right to warn others of the negative business experience so as to protect other creators, but not to harass the former client.
- I reserve the right to alter these terms at any time for any reason. Individual rules may be altered by case upon agreement by me and the client.